Monday 28 December 2009

Question 7

Looking Back at Your Preliminary Task, What Do You Feel You Have Learnt in the Progression From it to the Full Product? (Question 7)

From looking back at my preliminary task, I like to think I have learnt a lot about the software I have been using and the web servers that that I could have used if I wished to make my website fully functional and visible to the whole world.

The software I have used to create my website is Apple iWeb. The programme is designed to create and build websites, which is why the rest of my class and I, have used it to make our websites. The programme has many features that are easily operated however, the website had to be made from scratch and therefore we were unable to use the templates that were already set up on the software. This made it harder to use the programme as I didn’t know how to use it, but at the same time it allowed me to explore it and understand it a lot better than I would have, if I were to have used a template and all the easily functional applications.

Also, I feel I have developed my knowledge on how to create a fully functional and aesthetically pleasing website. Since the preliminary task, I have had to do research on other websites that are linked to the topic I have chosen, which allowed me to see the best ways on how to make the website to look nice, but at the same time still manage to get the information across that I wanted. In addition to this, it made me realise how hard it is to create websites, because the software I am using is very basic and the software the professionals use is of a higher standard and is a lot more complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment